Feeling tired? Anxious? Depleted? Constantly on edge? Worried? The reason could be that you’re using your phone and computer too much – a survey conducted by Deloitte in 2015 found that around 59% of smartphone users check a social media platform in the five minutes before going to bed and within 30 minutes of waking up, and we reckon the figure will have soared even higher in the past five years and even more so since lockdown. We need to give ourselves a break from our devices!! Here are 10 measures we recommend to reduce the impact of electromagnetic stress on your mind and body. Don’t beat yourself up about doing the lot, or doing them religiously – just make sure you’re onboard with putting some into action to give yourself that much needed regular digital detox…
- Take regular breaks from your phone/computer. Recommendations are for at least 10 minutes every hour.
- Increase the font size on your devices to make sure you’re not struggling to see the screen.
- Keep light low and dark before bedtime to encourage the pineal gland to switch off to release melatonin and help you feel sleepy.
- Invest in an anti-glare screen for your computer to help reduce eye strain.
- Get outside and barefoot as often as possible. Walk barefoot on grass to ground yourself or take off your shoes and pad along the beach. Nature is full of negative ions and is especially high in places like the beach where there is natural crashing water.
- Avoid the temptation to goggle at your phone while you’re in a queue. Use this time to chat to other people, take in your surroundings (the sounds, the smells, the sights) and take some good deep breaths.
- Turn off your wireless router at night before you go to bed – that will give you eight hours of rest from the wi-fi magnetic fields.
- Replace your phone or electric device with a battery-operated alarm clock.
- When possible turn your mobile phone off at night even if it is not in your room. The frequencies reach a long distance, so reduce the exposure by having it switched off.
- Buy shungite crystals, which are believed to have a detoxification effect on the body, helps shield against electromagnetic stress and inhibit production of free radicals.
Every little bit counts in reducing the electromagnetic stress load on your system. Small, gradual changes will have an impact on your health…