Magnetic forces play a vital role in our everyday lives, from the earth’s magnetic North and South Poles to MRI scanners to magnets used in our computers to store data on hard drives. We all know that if you put your mobile phone close enough to your credit card the magnetic field emitted by the phone will stop your card working! Perhaps what is less known is those magnetic forces can also be turned to our benefit – the amazing healing power of magnets is now well documented. Which is why we now stock a range of magnetic jewellery and accessories at The Hub.
The healing power of magnets
There are numerous ways that magnets can benefit us, and the health benefits have been substantiated in numerous clinical studies.
- Good for pain: In a survey of 5,100 people conducted between mid-2003 and the end of 2004, 92% of people reported improvement in their pain levels after four weeks of wearing magnetic jewellery.
- Beneficial for arthritis: A British study, published in 2004 in the British Medical Journal, reported how magnetic armbands can alleviate osteoarthritic pain in the hip and knee.
- Reduces inflammation: Virginia University in the US used animal experiments to prove that magnets increase circulation and regulate blood flow, which reduces inflammation and in turn speeds healing of scars and injuries.
- Helps blood circulation: In 1954 Linus Carl Pauling discovered the magnetic characteristics of haemoglobin within our red blood cells, for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry. Blood circulation is pivotal in our overall health, ensuring almost all the processes within the human body. To stay fit and healthy all vital substances, such as oxygen, vitamins and enzymes, must be transported in all directions quickly and in sufficient quantities. This is where the power of magnets comes in, attaching to the iron within our haemoglobin to improve transport of substances to our organs. The effect of this is that many general pains and symptoms of ill health can be alleviated by magnets, such as insomnia, period pains, tiredness and even depression.
People who wear magnets have also reported help with:
- Headaches and migraines
- High blood pressure
- Neck and back pain
- Neck tension
- Healing time after injuries
- Digestive problems
- Tennis elbow
Come and browse our range of Magnetix earrings, bracelets and brooches, including fun bracelets for kids