Red Tent women’s circles are a worldwide movement where women meet around the time of the new moon each month. It celebrates and cherishes the monthly cycle and allows women to connect and nurture each other
Red Tent women’s circles honour the menstrual cycle and the cosmic cycles that resonate with it, particularly the moon. The movement has sprung out of the understanding that our womb wisdom, all that we know and understand as a result of living in a cyclical body, has been suppressed and denied. It treasures both the wisdom of those women who have ceased cycling and celebrates the young women who have just started.
What you can expect from a typical Red Tent women’s circle:
- Short meditation to connect with the body
- A brief introduction to the Red Tent
- Sharing circle where you’re invited to speak your truth (or remain silent if you prefer)
- Ceremonial element, such as connecting with your female blood line, making a lunar calendar or releasing what no longer serves you – we follow the themes of the seasons
- Astrological forecast for the next month
Facilitated by Kristina Turner, the Red Tent is an opportunity to connect with your fellow women and honour your femininity. As well as being a certified Red Tent women’s circle facilitator, Kristina has led women’s groups, retreats and workshops in Sweden and the UK and describes herself as a ‘birth activist’, campaigning for women to get back in touch with the spirituality of the natural birth process.
When women gather the world changes
Date: Sunday 13 December, 3-6pm
Cost: £40 payable in advance