Optibac Probiotics – For Travelling Abroad
£11.39 – £11.99
An easy high-quality live cultures supplement ideal for travel to hotter climates. Take prior to and during travels. No refrigeration required.
What sizes does this product come in?
20 Capsules – £11.99 | 60 Capsules – £27.99
Who is it for?
For anyone looking for a supplement to take prior to and during travels.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 5 billion live cultures and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- The Lactobacillus, Saccharomyces and Bifidobacterium genera contained in this supplement are all well-researched.
- Shown to survive at higher temperatures and humidity, making this a suitable travel companion for destinations with hotter, more humid climates such as India, Egypt or Mexico.
- The high-quality nature of this supplement gives travellers the increased confidence to enjoy their holidays worry-free.
- Does not interfere with antimalarials or other travel medication.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for: vegetarians and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Suitable from 1 year onwards.
- Recommended for daily use preferably starting 3 – 5 days before departure, continuing during time abroad and for a couple of days upon return.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
- Available in two pack sizes of 20 or 60 capsules.
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
Instructions for use
Food supplement suitable for adults and children (from 1 year onwards) with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably breakfast, starting 3-5 days before departure, continuing during travel abroad and for a few days upon return from travel, or as professionally directed.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the content of the capsules may be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use. OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘For travelling abroad’ does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking ‘For travelling abroad’.
- Stabiliser: potato starch
- Live cultures: Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175, Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Saccharomyces boulardii and Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate; antioxidant: ascorbic acid.
Each capsule guarantees 5 billion live cultures.
Suitable for vegetarian diets.
Following the taxonomic updates by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, a reclassification has been advised for the L. rhamnosus species. The rhamnosus strain in ‘For travelling abroad’ may therefore now also be known as Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11.
One-off purchase, Monthly subscription