Optibac Probiotics – For Those On Antibiotics
£5.69 – £5.99
A live cultures supplement especially developed for those taking a course of antibiotics.
Who is it for?
For anyone looking for a friendly bacteria supplement to take alongside a course of antibiotics.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 4 billion live cultures and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- The two strains contained in this supplement are very well researched and have been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut, even when taken with antibiotics.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for: women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Suitable from 1 year onwards.
- Recommended for daily use over the course of 10 days alongside a typical course of antibiotics.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
- Available in one pack size of 10 capsules.
Once you have finished taking ‘For those on antibiotics’, we recommend taking ‘For every day EXTRA Strength’ as a daily supplement going forward.
This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
Titanium dioxide was removed from this product in June 2019. As a result of removing this ingredient, you can now see the product within the vegetarian capsule which is subject to natural variations in colour, from off white to pale yellow. The overall stability and viability of the product has not been affected in any way and we hope you like the more natural looking capsule.
Instructions for use
Food supplement suitable for adults and children, from 1 year onwards, with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, every day during your antibiotic course and for a few days afterwards or until the pack has been completed.
- Can be taken at the same time as antibiotics – this product has been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics and found to reach the gut alive.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
Note: If you are taking particularly long-term antibiotics (a month or more), you may want to consider taking OptiBac For every day EXTRA Strength instead. This supplement would need to be taken with food, preferably breakfast, and 1 – 2 hours away from the antibiotic.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use. OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘For those on antibiotics’ does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
- Stabiliser: potato starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate; antioxidant: ascorbic acid
Each capsule guarantees 4 billion live cultures.
Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Following the taxonomic updates advised by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, a reclassification has been proposed for the rhamnosus species. The L. rhamnosus strain in ‘For those on antibiotics’ may therefore now also be known as Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11.
One-off purchase, Monthly subscription