Nutri Advanced – Vitamin D3 Drops 1000iu
Vitamin D drops providing 1,000iu per drop, the level recommended for optimum health. A flexible formula for the whole family, as each person can take 1-5 drops daily depending on their needs
Vitamin D, known as the ‘sunshine vitamin, affects almost every aspect of our health. A recent study of more than half a million people found that those with good levels of vitamin D had lower risk of death from any cause, and those with severe vitamin D deficiency have almost twice the mortality rate from all causes as those with higher levels
LATEST ADVICE: Public Health England
- Adults and children aged 5 upwards should take a daily supplement containing 400iu of vitamin D (the recommended daily amount) from October to March.
- People who are at higher risk of deficiency, including babies under 1 and all children up to the age of 5, should supplement all year round.
- However, many people are already low or deficient in vitamin D, so for optimum health you need to supplement with higher levels (1,000iu daily) to get your levels back up to scratch if, as likely, your starting point is low or deficient.
Many health experts believe supplementation levels set by the government may be too low, especially when you consider that your skin can produce 10,000iu in response to 20-30 minutes of exposure to midday sun
LATEST ADVICE 2020: COVID-19
A randomised clinical trial indicates that taking vitamin D virtually eliminated the risk of hospital admission—and may completely eliminate the risk of death—from COVID-19. For full report click here.
DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT WITH VITAMIN D?
The odds are the answer is yes. As so few foods are high in vitamin D 80-100% of our intake of this nutrient comes from bare skin being exposed to the sun – and in the UK we simply do not get enough sunshine! Plus we work and play inside, our bodies are covered up, we travel in cars and live and work in cites where building block the sun. Liberal use of sunscreen, while needed for skin production, has the unfortunate downside of reducing skin production of vitamin D.
An estimated 1 in 5 people in the UK are vitamin D deficient
The latest National Diet and Nutrition Survey shows that deficiency rates are on the increase and the incidence of rickets (an avoidable bone-softening disease associated with severe vitamin D deficiency) is rising in children.
3 in stock
Why Nutri Advanced Vitamin D3 1000iu Drops?
- Convenient, flexible dosing. Suitable for everyday maintenance or for higher dosing needs
- 1 drop provides 1,000iu of vitamin D3
- Provides vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol, the body’s preferred form for enhanced absorption
- Great value, with approximately 600 drops per bottle
- Suitable for everyone, including children from the age of 1 year
- Pleasant-tasting natural orange flavour.
- An excellent choice for the whole family. As it is liquid it provides flexible dosing; 1-5 drops daily depending on your needs
Where is the vitamin D in Nutri Advanced Vitamin D3 1000iu Drops sourced from? Lanolin (sheep wool). It is therefore suitable for vegetarians but not vegans. If you are vegan consider Nutri Advanced Vitamin D3 vegan drops instead.
WHY YOU NEED VITAMIN D
Vitamin D is vital for a healthy body but it’s estimated that 1 in 5 people in the UK are vitamin D deficient. For most of us, we just can’t get the sun exposure needed to produce adequate amounts of vitamin D. Did you know that it’s impossible to get enough vitamin D from food sources? So for many of us, supplementation is key.
Vitamin D is crucial for:
✓ Bone health
✓ Muscle function
✓ Growth & development
✓ Mood, memory and brain function
✓ Heart health
✓ Balanced inflammation
✓ Reduced cancer risk
✓ To strengthen immune health
✓ To reduce autoimmune risk
The list goes on… It is important for every single cell in the body.