Nutri Advanced – Star Flower Oil 90 Capsules
- 500mg Borage seed oil – one of the highest amounts of gamma linolenic acid (GLA) of seed oils, typically higher than blackcurrant seed oil or evening primrose oil.
- GLA is an omega-6 fatty acid.
- GLA may be particularly beneficial for female reproductive health.
- Star Flower Oil may also help with skin due to its support for hormonal balance.
- Vitamin E has been added to protect the oil from oxidation.
Make a one-off purchase or save 5% if you choose our subscription service. We’ll send you your regular supplements every month to make sure you never run out and you can of course cancel any time
3 in stock
High Strength GLA from Borage Seed Oil with added vitamin E. Each capsule of Star Flower provides 500mg of Borage Seed Oil (22% GLA 110mg) and 5mg of Vitamin E.
Star flower oil, also known as Borage oil, is extracted from the blue star-shaped borage flower. The active component of borage oil is an essential fatty acid, gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Borage oil is now thought to be a superior source of GLA and contains 22% of the fatty acids, far higher than the amount found in evening primrose oil.
Star flower oil provides an excellent source of GLA, which has been shown to play many essential roles in the maintenance of health.
GLA is an omega-6 fatty acid that is metabolised in the body to prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that control many body processes.
GLA has been shown to be particularly beneficial for female reproductive health. Traditionally, star flower oil has often been used instead of evening primrose oil for women who are menopausal and also for those around the time of their period.
Star flower oil has also been shown to help with skin health, due to its ability to help support hormonal balance.
Star flower oil has been cold-pressed to ensure the delicate oils are preserved. Vitamin E is added in order to protect the oil from oxidation.
One-off purchase, Monthly subscription