Off on holiday somewhere you think you might have a spot of bother with your stomach? We advise that you go armed with our probiotic for travelling abroad. When eating and drinking differently in unfamiliar environments it’s all too common to experience stomach upsets, often caused by an upset of the body’s natural gut flora. Our probiotic for travelling abroad contains four high-quality strains of natural bacteria, or live cultures, to help counteract that imbalance and prevent tummy upsets. Make this probiotic your travel essential for places like Egypt, Mexico, India and Thailand.
OptiBac’s probiotic For Travelling Abroad contains strains of bacteria that are proven to survive at higher temperatures, making this a suitable travel companion for destinations with hotter, more humid climates than that of the UK. The high-quality nature of this supplement – proven to survive to reach the gut alive and cabin-frendly so guaranteed to survive the flight to your destination – gives you the increased confidence to enjoy your holiday anxiety-free.
Probiotic for travelling abroad
Each capsule contains five billion high-quality live bacteria to help your gut while away, with the following strains particularly suitable for your travels:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 is a natural resident of the intestinal microflora; this strain of acidophilus has been well studied to survive your stomach acidity and biliary salts; and to travel to the intestines without damage. L. acidophilus Rosell-52 has also been through numerous in vitro tests.
- Saccharomyces boulardii is a unique yeast sold widely across Europe, especially in France and Germany. It has undergone extensive scientific research documenting its safety and investigating its effectiveness when in contact with pathogenic bacteria such as E coli and salmonella.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 is a natural component of the intestinal-friendly bacteria; the rhamnosus species is one of the most studied in the world of live cultures. L. rhamnosus Rosell-11 from OptiBac has been proven to resist bile and gastric acidity over pH3 – therefore if taken at mealtimes (when pH is around 4), it will pass through the stomach without being damaged.
- Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175 colonises primarily in the large intestine or colon.
- It is also suitable for vegetarians and gluten-free.
OptiBac’s probiotic For Travelling Abroad is suitable for adults and children (one year and over). It is preferable to start taking the capsules 3-5 days before departure, continuing during your time abroad and for a couple of days upon return. These supplements do not require refrigeration and do not interfere with anti-malarial tablets or other travel medication.
£10.49 for 20 days’ supply from our shop at The Hub